What is Life Coaching?
"Coaching is an on-going partnership that helps clients produce fulfilling results in their personal and professional lives. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life. Beginning with the clients' desires, coaching uses reporting, exploring, and a consistent commitment to move the client forward. Coaching accelerates the clients' progress by providing greater focus and awarenessof choice. Coaching concentrates on where clients are today and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be tomorrow." - International Coach Federation, ICF
Who can benefit from having a life coach?
Coaching is for someone who is essentially healthy. We are not counselors to help diagnosis and treat your mental illnesses. A life coach focuses on the future rather than the past. We are not concerned on understanding the root of your issues or diagnosing them, instead we focus on results and the future. We focus on getting you what you want out of life. Here and now and forward.
A coach can:
- be your mentor
- be your sounding board
- give you educated, unbiased advice
- help you improve your personal development
- a wake-up call when you are not able to hear your own
- be your voice of reasoning
- help you turn your life around and make the best choices for a more fulfilled life
You may wish to visit with a life coach to:
- improve your relationship with your partner
- improve your appearance
- lose weight
- gain confidence
- learn when to stand up for yourself and say NO
- point you in the right direction to achieve your dreams and goals